1. All fully paid up club members shall be eligible to compete in the Grand Prix.
2. The Grand Prix shall consist of 8 events, that are of a more varied nature than events selected for the championship and will be selected by the championship sub committee. A full list of the coming season’s events will be published in December on the Clubs Web Site.
3. A runner’s best 6 out of 8 races will count. A handicap system will be used to calculate runners points in each race, with the best placed runner scoring 30 points, second place 29 points and so forth. Men’s and ladies points will be scored separately. When chip timing is available, this will be used for the handicap calculation. Points cannot be scored if running for another club.
4. Prizes will be awarded to the first three men and first three ladies with the highest points total at the end of the season. In the event of a tie, back points will be used to determine the winner, then on most races run. If after this a tie still ensued then the title would be split. All trophies remain the property of the club.
5. All members competing in a grand prix event MUST wear a club vest, that is, a red vest with a white horizontal band carrying the wording Red Rose Road Runners, or, either the short sleeved, or the long sleeved red tee shirt with the white band and which carries the same logo. Points can only be scored when running in a Red Rose vest, tee or long sleeved shirt.
6. A results secretary shall be elected each year. It is the responsibility of each individual to ensure that he/she is entered correctly in the official results of any event. The Grand Prix secretary must be notified of any mistakes or omissions within two weeks of the official results being published. After this time a member may forfeit the right to claim points for that particular event.
7. No member may claim points from any race if he/she has completed the race using someone else’s number.
Amended February 2020