1. All fully paid up club members shall be eligible to compete in the club’s championship.
2. The championship shall consist of 8 events over various distances and may include a marathon which shall be the maximum distance. A sub committee shall be appointed to select the road races 8 events. A full list of the coming season’s events will be published in December on the Clubs Web page.
3. Points will be awarded as follows: first male Red Rose finisher 1 point, second 2 points and so on down to the final Red Rose finisher. Ladies points will be scored separately, for example, first Red Rose lady 1 point, second lady 2 points etc. There is no limit to the number of members who may score points in any race. Finish positions will be based on gun time. Points cannot be scored if running for another club.
4. Final championship positions will be based upon a competitor’s best four finishing positions which will therefore be the lowest number of points. In the event of a tie, the scores from other championship events completed during the season will be taken into account. Trophies will be awarded to the first three runners and the first runner in each Vet category with the veteran being awarded a prize for his/her category only. If a veteran achieves a place in the first three senior runners he/she will be given that award and the veteran’s prize will be given to whoever comes second in the category etc. No person may win more than one trophy. For all veteran categories a member’s age at the 1st of April shall count for the whole of the championship year. Eg a member who is 39 on the first of April will not count as a Vet 40 until the following year even if that member’s birthday is on April 2nd. The Vet age categories for men will be 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70. For ladies they will be 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70. All trophies remain the property of the club.
5. All members competing in a championship event MUST wear either a club vest, which is a red vest with a horizontal white band carrying the wording Red Rose Road Runners, or, either the short sleeved, or the long sleeved red tee shirt with the white band and which carries the same logo. Points can only be scored when running in a Red Rose vest, tee or long sleeved shirt.
6. A results secretary shall be elected each year. It is the responsibility of each individual member to ensure that he/she is correctly entered in the official results of any event. The championship secretary must be notified of any mistakes or omissions within two weeks of the official results being published. After this time a member may forfeit the right to claim points for that particular event.
7. No member may claim points from any race if he/she has completed the race using someone else’s number.
8. Any member who completes all Championship events in one season shall be eligible for a special award.